SkinMedica® and PCA Chemical Peels
Chemical Peels made by both SkinMedica and PCA can be customized to create the perfect fit for your skins needs no matter your lifestyle. They range from light to aggressive and are used to treat pigmentation, skin texture and tone. Peels can also effectively treat acne.
- Illuminize: Skin Medica’s less aggressive peel composed of salicylic acid, mandelic acid, resorcinol, and malic acid
- Rejuvenize: Skin Medica’s more aggressive chemical peel composed of salyciic acid, lactic acid and resorcinol. This peel is followed by a retinol booster for added effectiveness.
PCA Skin Care peels offer customized layered chemical peels for every skin type
Trichloroacetic Acid (TCA) Peels by PCA SKIN
TCA: light to medium strength peels with a variety of acids for every skin type. These peels are designed to effectively treat aging skin. Results include a reduction in fine lines and wrinkles, even skin tone and moisture renewal.
- Sensi Peel® is formulated as a unique peeling option for all patients including those with highly sensitive skin
- This gentle 6% TCA solution will improve surface texture and brighten the skin while helping to promote an even skin tone
- This multi-faceted and skin-brightening treatment is an excellent option for sensitive skin and higher Fitzpatrick skin types
Ultra Peel® I
- Specially formulated to treat maturing skin, Ultra Peel® I is also appropriate for many other skin types, conditions and sensitivities
- It will help improve the appearance of fine lines and wrinkles, while promoting an even skin tone and clear complexion
Ultra Peel Forte®
- The most suitable candidates for this more active treatment are those with resilient skin
- Ultra Peel® Forte rejuvenates the skin and improves the appearance of fine lines and wrinkles while promoting an even skin tone
Smoothing Body Peel®
- Smoothing Body Peel improves the appearance and texture of the skin with a combination of exfoliating, smoothing and brightening ingredients
- It is an excellent choice for promoting an even skin tone and clear complexion on the arms, legs, back, chest, hands and feet
PCA Peel with Hydroquinone & Resorcinol
PCA: light to medium strength peels with a variety of acids for every skin type, however, these peels are uniquely formulated for the treatment of acne and pigmentation. Results include a reduction in acne breakouts and less visible age spots and sun damage.
This chemical peel is formulated with 2% hydroquinone, resorcinol, 14% lactic acid, 14% salicylic acid, 3% kojic acid and citric acid and is ideal for patient treating cystic acne. Additionally, this chemical peel can be used to treat facial skin with severe sun damage and hyperpigmentation. Hydroquinone is the active and extremely effective lightening ingredient that successfully treats sun damaged skin and pigmentation. The acids within the peel treat severe acne and lighten the inflammation/scars associated with older healed acne.
6% Pure Retinol Peel
6% Pure Retinol peel that can be used alone or as an add on to any PCA Skin Care peel to maximize the desired results.
Physician’s grade chemical peel with formulated ingredients that include 6% retinol, marigold flower extract, silybum marianum fruit extract, olive fruit oil, and Vitamin E. This chemical peel is specifically designed to reduce visibke signs of aging including fine lines, wrinkles and hyperpigmentation. It will leave you with smoother skin, smaller pores, a reduction in age spots and a youthful glow!
This unique TCA blend chemical peel can be applied all over the body to encourage cell turn over, exfoliation, and renewed moisture, texture and tone.
What Can I expect during and following a Chemical Peel?
- Most peels are virtually painless but some patients may experience a mild itching or tingly sensation during the application process.
- Expect mild redness immediately following the peel and flaking of the skin occurs within 3-5 days. Total healing time post peel is 7-10 days. Make up can be worn after 24 hours.
- You can return to your normal skin care regimen within 5 days except for using a Clarisonic device or products containing acids or retinol. Those can be resumed once peeling has ceased, usually within 10 days.